But what if you could gain it?
How do you rescue time?
One of the key outcomes of leadership today, is the ability to help free up your most important resources; people, processes and assets, by freeing up time. When you do that, you start to maximize productivity, profitability and predictability creating safe, operating results today, enabling learning and innovation for tomorrow.
Time, our truly scariest resource. Abundant when you have it, but when it’s gone, it has no reclamation process. It simply disappears. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. And so, in our time poor world, time management is not the objective; but rather freeing time, releasing it from the guts of your business.
At the very core of your business is the need to unshackle time from the wasted work effort that sucks your people’s efforts and attention away from what counts; delivering safe, productive operations that create time rather than simply use it. When you have time, you have the key to the never-ending journey of transformation; creating tomorrow’s results, today, freeing you up to wrestle the chaos.
That’s the launch pad for change. It jumpstarts people’s engagement and kickstarts innovation. Creating time creates more opportunity; to innovate, to sell, to produce, to leverage technology, to free people to problem solve and make better decisions.
While required outcomes vary from cost reduction, resource optimization, more innovation, higher quality, improved customer satisfaction, or better results, at the heart of everything lies time and its interface with people.
Once you master time, you have capacity; capacity to think, to learn, to act, to give back. Uptime, meantime, cycle time, ship time, call time, quote time, change over time, or lead time. Whatever is critical to your operations.
When you release time, you relieve frustration, you release assets, you revamp and innovate your products and processes more often, and you reenergize people . You transform.
Operationalizing time requires a pragmatic approach. Here’s a blue print to think about how time lies at the centre of your business:
- Lean out your businesses total process & work effort for sustainable, end-to-end governance, management and productivity. This…
Frees Up Time & Creates Capacity
- Know where the value drivers are (quality, service, costs & time) in short intervals. Make measurement a core competence to provide true costs, decision support, & to evaluate returns. This…
Turns Time Into Money
- Aim for 100% to enable real step change by closing the gaps in people’s thinking as well as removing constraints and variances to bring about more productive & predictable results. This…
Turns Money into Priorities
- Engage volunteerism by creating and communicating intent, to move people to act. Find the triggers of engagement in your organization. This…
Turns Priorities into Purpose
- Address the Total Operating Model. Understand how people interact with technology, systems & assets, execute processes, and utilize management tools, that together drive behaviours to achieve more predictable results. This…
Turns Purpose into Future Business Results
- Create continuous innovation not just improvement: Turn future business results into opportunities to innovate customer models, management models, operating models and business models, crossing industry boundaries. This…
Turns Future Business Results into Revenue Growth Opportunities
- And…..Determine Industry 4.0 rationalisation opportunities and innovations: For example, automation, digitization and robotics opportunities. This…
Turns Revenue Growth into investment in new Technology
May you wrestle your chaos and win!